Don't complain about things you're not willing to change.
May 11, 2020
Since we are still in lockdown, I thought I would share a checklist of things you might find useful, and basically keep yourself in check!
Here's the checklist (not in any order of importance):
- Complaining that other people do not see the good in you when you are always critical of others.
- Complaining that you are not given credit for the work you have done when you do not give credit or praise to others for the work that they have done.
- Complaining that others do not love you the way you want to be loved when you do not make the effort to find out how they want to be loved.
- Complaining that other people take up your time and resources when you do the same towards others whom you think can give you what you want.
- Complaining that other people do not want to pay for your goods and services when you do everything in your power to get pirated software, free downloads, free online streaming, free games etc
- Complaining that other people seem to get the recognition for the little work they do when you are not willing to learn from them.
- Complaining about how things are not done well when you are not willing to take over responsibility.
- Complaining that your partner/spouse do not understand you when you do not take the time to listen to what they are saying.
- Complaining that you do not get enough support from your family, friends, etc when you are not aware of their needs.
- Complaining that the pet at home does not seem to like you as much as someone else when you do not care for them by feeding, cleaning or walking them.
- Complaining that family members do not chip in to run the household when you want them to do things your way.
- Complaining about the government not doing enough during this pandemic when you are not volunteering your time and energy at the grassroots level.
- Complaining about not getting enough attention from your friends, family and loved ones, when you are not making the effort to stay in touch.
- Complaining that your partner/spouse seem to have their own life when you are not willing to grow as a person.
- Complaining that your grown children ignore you when you are not willing to let them go.
- Complaining that your teenage children are a handful to handle when you are not willing to see them as individual human beings.
- Complaining about being bored when you are not willing to take responsibility for your own entertainment.
- Complaining about people asking too many questions when you're not willing to be clearer in your communication.
- Complaining about how people wronged you in the past when you are not willing to live in the present.
- Complaining about things that do not personally involve you. Start by minding your own business.
- Complaining about the weather. Really?
I hope this checklist gives you some food for thought, while still in lockdown and that it can offer you a direction in how you want to grow as a person :)
©2020 Shamala Tan
Let me know how I can assist you if you have any questions [email protected]
Shamala Tan is an author, spiritual entrepreneur and healer. Her work focuses on transforming the lives of others on the spiritual, emotional, mental and earthly level.
One of her success stories as an author is to being featured alongside New York’s bestsellers Sonia Choquette, Robert Allen, Arielle Ford, Marci Shimoff as well as Christine Kloser in the book Pebbles In The Pond.
Shamala’s clients include small business owners, holistic practitioners as well as those seeking to find more significant meaning and value in life. Shamala offers laser coaching to her clients on a one-to-one basis or in a group environment, offline as well as online.